Today’s Dinner: Spinach and Artichoke Enchilladas in Salsa Verde
It’s use up what’s in your pantry time, so there’s some canned goods in this one.
- 1 head spinach
- ~1 cup artichoke hearts (from a jar, in olive oil and spices)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- ~20 corn tortillas
- 2 cups canned salsa verde (picante) and diced green chiles (both canned)
- ~1 cup or so of grated Mexican blend chesse
- pinch salt
- non-stick spray oil or equivalent
- Boil spinach in water with a pinch of salt until soft. Transfer to a bowl.
- Spoon in an equal amount of artichoke hearts and the cream cheese.
- Use a hand blender (or food processor?) to combine the filling. Set aside.
- Combine the salsa verde and chiles in another bowl as the sauce.
- Grease the sides of a baking dish (9×13 or so) with the non-stick spray.
- Dip each tortilla in the sauce to wet it, spoon in some filling, roll it up, stack them in the dish.
- I was able to arrange two layers, with half the sauce and a sprinkling of cheese in between.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325°
It was quite good! I didn’t quite manage to blend all of the artichoke heart leaves, so we had to pick them out. I’ll be more careful in the future.